Community-Engaged PedagogyCommunity-Engaged ResearchTenure & PromotionBuilding Community PartnershipsPublishing Opportunities Community Engagement Networks
- Community Engagement UCSF Toolkit – Research: Find out how to get started with community engagement work, develop partnerships, participate in patient advisory boards, and much more.
Community Engagement National and International Networks
- Association of American College & Universities Global Citizenship for Campus, Community and Careers: works to advance integrative global learning through embedded community-based settings of all types, local and international. This work is intended to align multiple areas of campus programming, both academic and cocurricular, to realize more wholly integrated campus initiatives that prepare students for life, work, and citizenship.
- American Democracy Project: Network of 296 state colleges and universities focused on public higher education’s role in preparing the next generation of informed, engaged citizens for our democracy
- Campus Compact: National coalition of 1,000+ colleges and universities committed to the public purposes of higher education. We build democracy through civic education and community development
- TRUCEN: Part of Campus Compact, a network that works to advance civic engagement and engaged scholarship among research universities.
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities: Longest-running and largest organization committed to serving and connecting the world’s urban and metropolitan universities and their partners. CUMU focuses on strengthening institutions that are developing new responses to the pressing educational, economic, and social issues of the day.
- EPIC-Network (Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities: nonprofit association with members all over the world – our organization and our members unite communities with the untapped potential of universities to exponentially improve conditions for human flourishing.
- Humane Metrics Initiative: initiative that creates and supports values-enacted frameworks for understanding and evaluating all aspects of the scholarly life well-lived and for promoting the nurturing of these values in scholarly practice
- Imagining America: Consortium (IA) brings together scholars, artists, designers, humanists, and organizers to imagine, study, and enact a more just and liberatory ‘America’ and world. Working across institutional, disciplinary, and community divides, IA strengthens and promotes public scholarship, cultural organizing, and campus change that inspires collective imagination, knowledge-making, and civic action on pressing public issues.
- International Association for Research on Service Learning and Community Engagement: international community dedicated to service-learning and community engagement research
- Place-based Justice Network: The Place-Based Justice Network (PBJN) is a learning community committed to transforming higher education and our communities by deconstructing systems of oppression through place-based community engagement.
- Talloires Network of Engaged Universities: growing global coalition of university presidents, vice-chancellors and rectors in 78 countries who have publicly committed to strengthening the civic roles and social responsibilities of their institutions. It is the largest international network focused particularly on university civic engagement.