The Center for Community Engagement Internship Award offers $5,000 scholarships to increase student access to experiential learning, support career preparation, and help offset potential financial hardships associated with a summer unpaid internship.
Awardee responsibilities include:
- All scholarship recipients are required to complete a departmental 195CE internship course during the quarter the internship occurs. They must fulfill the terms of the 195CE contract successfully.
- Recipients of internship scholarships are required to submit a short post-internship reflection of their experience along with a short video and photo.
- The reflection will address how the internship helped you grow and how it affected your career trajectory.
- Students who receive awards from donor-funded scholarships will be asked to write a thank-you note to the award benefactor.
- The materials submitted will be used as testimonials for fundraising purposes.
- Award recipients may also be invited to participate in Center for Community Engagement events or programs during the academic year in order to share about their summer internship experiences.
In order to be eligible for the award, UCLA students must meet all of the following qualifications:
You do not need an internship offer to apply to funding; you just need to have applied to the internship.
Please review all information below before starting your application. The application asks for:
Detailed information about your top-choice internship, including an attachment of a position or job description (If you are awarded funding and decide to intern at an organization different from what you detailed in your application, you will be asked to submit an updated scholarship application).
- The committee will review your updated application and decide to award the scholarship or withdraw funding.
Short Answers to the following:
- Why have you chosen to pursue an internship at this particular organization?
- Please share the remote internship details and describe how your internship relates to your career and/or academic interests.
- What are your goals for this particular internship experience and the 195CE internship course? What do you hope to learn?
- Please provide reasons for pursuing internship funding, and information about your financial need.
Provide your current resume.
Complete the general application and then review the supplemental questions for the 2023 Internship Scholarship Award here:
Bemmy Maharramli, PH.D.
If you have questions about the process or this application, please contact Bemmy at:
UCLA Financial Aid & Scholarships
For more information about your financial aid and scholarships please contact the FA office at:
A129 Murphy Hall Service Counter Hours: 10am-3pm
Office Phone: 310-206-0400
Hours: Monday through Friday 10 - 3 pm